Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My mouth is watering even as I am typing it out:)
- 2 cups rice
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 piece ginger (1-inch)
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cloves
- 1 piece cinnamon stick (1-inch)
- 1 onion, cut into thin rings
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 12 cashews, fried
- 4 tablespoons oil
- Fry onions which are cut into rings till they are crisp.
- Keep aside.
- Now heat oil.
- Add the bay leaf, cinnamon stick and cloves.
- Then add the chopped onions and ginger till soft.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and pepper.
- Now add rice and salt.
- Pour in the coconut milk.
- Allow to boil.
- Cook the rice on a low flame till tender and dry.
- Garnish with the fried onion rings and cashews.
Its good if you like tumeric. The spice seems to overpower the other ingredients.