Recipe by redjonesy
Yummy little appetizer/munchie perfect for a luau. I got this recipe from my friend Mary Lynne who made it for a bridal shower. It's dainty, elegant, and really tasty! Even people who say they hate coconut seem to like this recipe. These go fast!
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter.
- Add sugar and coconut and mix well. Set aside.
- Slice bread into about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch and spread pieces on a non-stick pan.
- Spead about 1/2 to 1 TBSP of coconut mixture on each piece of bread. This doesn't need to be an exact measurement. You can put as much on as you like, but the more you put on the longer it takes for the bread and the mixture to brown. If you put on too much though, the bread will burn and the coconut mixture will not brown.
- Bake in oven for about 10-15 minutes or until the mixture has a nice toasted golden color.
- *If your coconut is not browning, broil, but it won't take long-- no more than a minute. Watch closely! It doesn't take long for these to burn. And burned coconut does not taste good!