Recipe by jpatel02004
I created this recipe in an attempt to add some flavor to Tilapia. I enjoy eating Tilapia, but other ingredients are usually needed to make it worth eating. This recipe is fairly quick and painless. I change some of the ingredient amounts depending on my particular cravings for that specific day.
Top Review by camohn
my family ( 2 of 3 who don't like fish) liked this except for the peanut sauce. They were not wild about that, but fortunately that was an optional topping. The fish recipe itself was well received. I will make this again , just without the peanut sauce. The fish itself was well seasoned.
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons curry sauce (can be bought in stores or can be made by combining coconut milk and green curry powder)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 pinch ginger
- 1 pinch sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wide bowl/container, mix coconut flakes, curry powder, garlic powder, paprika (set aside).
- In a small bowl, mix 1 egg, 1/4 cup water and 1/3 cup of corn starch.
- Dip the Tilapia fillets in the egg mixture. Use a plastic bag to cover your hands when handling fillets, if preferred. Coat the fillets thoroughly with the coconut flake mixture, especially along the top, as this dramatically improves the appearance of the dish while baking.
- Bake the Tilapia fillets at 350 degrees for about 12-14 minutes (or however long until the fish is fully white). Use cooking spray or butter the pan so the fish does not stick.
- While the Tilapia is baking, make the peanut sauce. Mix all of the ingredients listed above. Vary ingredient amounts to your liking. Cool or set aside until the Tilapia is ready.
- Broil the fillets for a few minutes until golden.
- Serve the fillets on a plate and scoop the peanut sauce on the side.