1/4 Photos of Coconut Tilapia
I created this recipe in an attempt to add some flavor to Tilapia. I enjoy eating Tilapia, but other ingredients are usually needed to make it worth eating. This recipe is fairly quick and painless. I change some of the ingredient amounts depending on my particular cravings for that specific day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons curry sauce (can be bought in stores or can be made by combining coconut milk and green curry powder)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 pinch ginger
- 1 pinch sage
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- 1In a wide bowl/container, mix coconut flakes, curry powder, garlic powder, paprika (set aside).
- 2In a small bowl, mix 1 egg, 1/4 cup water and 1/3 cup of corn starch.
- 3Dip the Tilapia fillets in the egg mixture. Use a plastic bag to cover your hands when handling fillets, if preferred. Coat the fillets thoroughly with the coconut flake mixture, especially along the top, as this dramatically improves the appearance of the dish while baking.
- 4Bake the Tilapia fillets at 350 degrees for about 12-14 minutes (or however long until the fish is fully white). Use cooking spray or butter the pan so the fish does not stick.
- 5While the Tilapia is baking, make the peanut sauce. Mix all of the ingredients listed above. Vary ingredient amounts to your liking. Cool or set aside until the Tilapia is ready.
- 6Broil the fillets for a few minutes until golden.
- 7Serve the fillets on a plate and scoop the peanut sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Tilapia
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 924.0
- Calories from Fat 439
- Total Fat 48.8 g
- Saturated Fat 36.9 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 610.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.7 g
- Sugars 48.7 g
- Protein 15.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: