Recipe by Ambervim
Yummy coconut cookies with smooth caramel accented with just a bit of salt. YUM. This came from Martha Stewart.
- 12 ounces butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 12 ounces sweetened flaked coconut
- 44 small soft caramel candies, such as Kraft (12 ounces)
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together butter and sugar with a mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy, then beat in vanilla.
- With mixer on low, gradually add flour and 1/2 teaspoon table salt, and beat to combine.
- Press dough together in plastic wrap, then roll into 1 1/4-inch balls.
- Dip each ball in beaten egg, and roll in coconut.
- Place balls on parchment-lined baking sheets, and press an indentation into each with your thumb.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove sheets from oven, and re-press indentations. Bake cookies until golden, 9 to 10 minutes more. Let cool on wire racks. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place caramels and heavy cream in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the caramels are melted and mixture is smooth, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Spoon into indentations in cookies, and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Rewarm caramel if it hardens before all cookies are filled.