1/1 Photo of Coconut Thai Shrimp and Rice (Crock Pot)
This is a slightly spicey, slightly sweet combination of flavors that is sure to suit the pickiest of eaters. Adjust the cayenne to suit your personal taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- 2 limes, juice and zest of, grated (1/3 cup lime juice)
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut (to taste)
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 2 cups converted white rice
- 1 lb peeled and deveined cooked jumbo shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 2 ounces snow peas, cut into thin strips
- toasted coconut, for garnish
- 1Mix chicken broth, water, coriander, cumin, salt, cayenne, lime zest, lime juice, garlic and ginger in crock pot.
- 2Stir in onion, bell pepper, carrot, coconut, raisins and rice.
- 3Cover and cook on low setting 3 1/2 hours, or until rice is just tender.
- 4Stir in the shrimp and snow peas.
- 5Cover and cook another 30 minutes.
- 6Serve garnished with toasted coconut.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Thai Shrimp and Rice (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.4
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 95.3 mg
- Sodium 1303.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 17.5 g