Recipe by 2B's
I think this recipe came from Canadian Living magazine, but am not sure. The whole meal (which is comprised of Lemongrass Pork, Grilled Pineapple Salad, Coconut Thai Rice and Tropical Fruit With Lime) embodies the Thai tradition of combining all the five tastes: sweet, hot, sour, salty and bitter in one meal.
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse jasmine rice under cold running water until water runs clear. Let drain. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook garlic, onion and gingerroot, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in coconut milk and 1-1/4 cups water; bring to boil.
- Stir in rice; cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand, covered for 5 minutes. With a fork stir in salt.