Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Adapted from The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook by Beth Hensperger and Julie Kaufmann. This recipe is written for use with a fuzzy logic rice cooker with a porridge setting.
- 1 (400 ml) can unsweetened coconut milk (light can be used)
- 1⁄3 cup pearl tapioca, small size
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 bananas
- Rinse the tapioca in a fine mesh strainer. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the coconut milk, sugar, egg and salt to the mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the rice cooker bowl. Place bowl in rice cooker, close cover and set on Porridge cycle.
- Open cooker and stir every 20 minutes. It will take about 45-55 minutes to cook.
- When the rice cooker switches to the Keep Warm setting, remove bowl and stir in vanilla. Let cool slightly to serve warm or refrigerate if desired.
- Slice bananas into 4 serving dishes. Top with pudding.
- The pudding can be garnished with toasted sesame seeds or chopped roasted peanuts.