Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Adapted from The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook by Beth Hensperger and Julie Kaufmann. This recipe is written for use with a fuzzy logic rice cooker with a porridge setting.
- Rinse the tapioca in a fine mesh strainer. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the coconut milk, sugar, egg and salt to the mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the rice cooker bowl. Place bowl in rice cooker, close cover and set on Porridge cycle.
- Open cooker and stir every 20 minutes. It will take about 45-55 minutes to cook.
- When the rice cooker switches to the Keep Warm setting, remove bowl and stir in vanilla. Let cool slightly to serve warm or refrigerate if desired.
- Slice bananas into 4 serving dishes. Top with pudding.
- The pudding can be garnished with toasted sesame seeds or chopped roasted peanuts.