Recipe by Crazycook in PA
Creamy mashed sweet potatoes are cooked with coconut milk and a hint of cinnamon and topped with a streusal made of coconut and toasted hazelnuts.
- 907.18 g sweet potatoes, peeled
- 14.79 ml butter
- 59.14 ml coconut milk
- 28.39 ml honey
- 14.79 ml Bourbon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 118.29 ml sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 118.29 ml toasted hazelnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into 1 inch chunks and place them in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and cool.
- In a food processor, place potatoes. Add butter and process until smooth.
- Stir in coconut milk, honey, bourbon, salt, cinnamon and pepper.
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish and transfer potato mixture to the dish.
- In a small bowl, mix coconut and hazelnuts and sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes or until heated through.