Recipe by Crazycook in PA
Creamy mashed sweet potatoes are cooked with coconut milk and a hint of cinnamon and topped with a streusal made of coconut and toasted hazelnuts.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄8 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into 1 inch chunks and place them in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and cool.
- In a food processor, place potatoes. Add butter and process until smooth.
- Stir in coconut milk, honey, bourbon, salt, cinnamon and pepper.
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish and transfer potato mixture to the dish.
- In a small bowl, mix coconut and hazelnuts and sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes or until heated through.