Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Creamy mashed sweet potatoes are cooked with coconut milk and a hint of cinnamon and topped with a streusal made of coconut and toasted hazelnuts.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into 1 inch chunks and place them in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and cool.
- In a food processor, place potatoes. Add butter and process until smooth.
- Stir in coconut milk, honey, bourbon, salt, cinnamon and pepper.
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish and transfer potato mixture to the dish.
- In a small bowl, mix coconut and hazelnuts and sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes or until heated through.