Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
Quick & easy chocolate, coconut cookies. I discovered this recipie fooling around in my kitchen, and my boyfriend LOVED them.
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix (I recommend Betty Crocker Devils Food)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut flakes (I use store brand for mine, but anything works)
- 6 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Hand mix cake mix, eggs, and oil in a large bowl. This will be extremely messy. Do this until batter is firm and holds together well.
- In a separate bowl hand mix coconut, and milk; adding the milk slowly till mixture is moist.(You may not need all of the milk depending on the brand of coconut).
- Take teaspoon sized amounts of dough and flatten. (I found if works best if I flatten against my palm). Place a generous pinch of coconut mixture and place in the center of the flattened batter. Roll the dough so that the coconut is not exposed. (pinch the sides closed if needed).
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes. Move onto wire rack to cool.