Recipe by ReeLani
This yummy-sounding recipe came from the back of a sugar package. I think this combination will compliment the delicate flavor of the macadamia nuts very nicely.
Top Review by Lil'PG
I changed some things like using stone ground whole wheat flour (no sifting) instead of the regular all-purpose kind and adding 2 tsp of rum with the vanilla extract. I loved the texture, the crispy top where the coconut browned and chewy center. It was a bit too sweet for me, so next time I will lessen the sugar. My DBF with a sweet tooth loved it!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted,plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 3⁄4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 pinch salt
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar'til light and fluffy.
- Mix in 1 cup of flour.
- Spread dough in an 8" square baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- While mixture is baking, combine beaten eggs with 1 cup of brown sugar and beat until smooth.
- Toss the 2 tbs of flour with the coconut and then combine with the vanilla extract, nuts and the salt.
- Mix the coconut mixture into the egg mixture.
- Spread topping over baked crust and return to oven.
- Bake 20 more minutes.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting into 16 squares.
- If you want, dust with confectioners sugar.