Chef Sunshine's Note:
Subtle coconut flavor, along with the creamy texture produced by arborio rice (the kind traditionally used to make risotto), make this pudding pure comfort food. Garnished with mango and pistachios, it makes a lovely dessert, but it is also delicious for breakfast, topped with yogurt and maple syrup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Combine soymilk, rice and sugar in 3- to 4-quart Dutch oven or casserole that can be used over direct heat; bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cover pan and place in the oven. Bake until the rice is almost tender, about 15 minutes.
- 3Return the pan to the stovetop, stir in coconut milk and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until the rice is tender and the pudding is very slightly thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. (The pudding may seem a little thin, but it will thicken as it stands.) Transfer to a medium bowl or 5 serving dishes. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface to prevent a skin from forming. Let cool for 20 to 30 minutes.
- 4Serve warm or chilled, garnished with pistachios and mango slices.
- 6Baking this pudding eliminates the need for constant stirring. If you do not have a suitable pan that goes from stovetop to oven, use a large saucepan and a 4-quart baking dish.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Soy Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.5
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat unsweetened coconut milk