Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I made this up from a combination of recipes - I used what I had on hand and the cake came out wonderful. I use the Kitchen-aid.
- 473.18 ml white sugar
- 236.59 ml Crisco
- 5 large eggs
- 473.18 ml cake flour
- 4.92 ml coconut extract
- 4.92 ml salt
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml sweetened flaked coconut
- 177.44 ml water
- 551.25 ml powdered sugar
- 7.39 ml coconut extract
- 177.44 ml flaked coconut
- 177.44 ml mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray Bundt pan with non-stick baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl sift together: flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Cream together ( using the Kitchen-aid) sugar, Crisco, eggs and coconut extract.
- Add to egg mixture flour mix alternating with sour cream- use Kitchen-aid mixer on medium.
- Turn mixer to low and mix in coconut.
- Spoon into bundt pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean/top is brown--don't overbake.
- Take bundt pan with cake out of oven and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Make glaze- mix water, powdered sugar and coconut extract into saucepan over medium high flame- whisk constantly until sugar is dissolved then set aside.
- Poke holes in cake bottom and 1/3 of glaze into holes.
- Invert bundt pan onto plate, pour glaze over top then garnish with coconut (toasted) and mini marshmallows.
- Let cool completely before cutting.