1/1 Photo of Coconut Sour Cream Bundt Cake With Sugar Icing and Marshmallows
1 hr 10 mins
I made this up from a combination of recipes - I used what I had on hand and the cake came out wonderful. I use the Kitchen-aid.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup Crisco
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray Bundt pan with non-stick baking spray.
- 3In a mixing bowl sift together: flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- 4Cream together ( using the Kitchen-aid) sugar, Crisco, eggs and coconut extract.
- 5Add to egg mixture flour mix alternating with sour cream- use Kitchen-aid mixer on medium.
- 6Turn mixer to low and mix in coconut.
- 7Spoon into bundt pan.
- 8Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean/top is brown--don't overbake.
- 9Take bundt pan with cake out of oven and set aside for 10 minutes.
- 10Make glaze- mix water, powdered sugar and coconut extract into saucepan over medium high flame- whisk constantly until sugar is dissolved then set aside.
- 11Poke holes in cake bottom and 1/3 of glaze into holes.
- 12Invert bundt pan onto plate, pour glaze over top then garnish with coconut (toasted) and mini marshmallows.
- 13Let cool completely before cutting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Sour Cream Bundt Cake With Sugar Icing and Marshmallows
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 717.7
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 115.8 mg
- Sodium 377.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 76.2 g
- Protein 6.6 g