Recipe by Camden Cook
An easy and tasty soup that is perfect for cold winter days. Original Source: Better Homes and Gardens Appetizers edition.
- 2 lbs crab legs
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon chopped gingerroot
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon mint (fresh finely snipped)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (fresh finely snipped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Break crab legs to fit into a large saucepan. Cook crab legs in the oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add onion, lemongrass, ginger, jalapeno and garlic; cook and stir 4 minutes. Add wine and curry paste and cook until wine has almost evaporated. Add coconut milk and clam juice. Bring mixture to boiling reduce heat. Simmer covered, 20 minutes. Add mint and cilantro and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Remove crab legs; set aside. Pour soup through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl.
- Serve soup in small bowls. If desired sprinkle fresh cilantro on top of individual servings. Remove crabmeat from legs and sprinkle over each serving.