Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
- 800 ml unsweetened coconut water (eg. Natural Raw C coconut water)
- 100 g thick coconut cream, preservative free (eg. Ayam)
- 60 -80 g pure organic maple syrup
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (to taste) or 1⁄2-1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (to taste)
- desiccated coconut, to serve (preservative free, available at health food shops)
Directions See How It's Made
- Freeze the coconut water in ice cube trays until frozen solid.
- Place 400g of the coconut water ice cubes into the Thermomix mixing bowl, and blend.
- 5 sec/speed 9, or until it becomes 'snow'.
- Add remaining 400g frozen coconut water and blend 10 sec/speed 9, until 'snow'.
- Add coconut cream (the thickest part from top of tin), maple syrup and vanilla, and blend
- 1 min/speed 9, using the spatula to help it along. Remove lid and scrape down sides, reblending until sorbet is smooth and creamy, approximately 30 sec/speed 9.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with a little dessicated coconut.