Recipe by Bergy
This cake makes a beautiful presentation and is delicious too! Use this cake as part of a winter center piece. Great holiday dessert
Top Review by sarikat
This cake is so delicious and easy to prepare- looks like it was a lot more work though! The cake itself came out more with the texture of pound cake than a layer cake. I couldn't find the white chocolate candy bars so I subbed in white chocolate chips and it worked out fine. I will definitely make this again, soon!
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package white cake mix with pudding
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can cream of coconut
- 6 (1 1/4 ounce) white chocolate, with almond bars
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 8 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut (fairly fine so it will sit on the icing and look like snow)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the oil, cakemix, and all the cake ingredients, beat until smooth Pour into a well greased oven proof BOWL (2 quart size).
- Bake 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, allow to cool in the bowl for 15 minutes Remove from bowl& allow to cool completely on a rack before frosting.
- Frosting: Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water.
- Remove from heat and pour into a bowl add confectioners sugar and evaporated milk Beat until smooth.
- Place the cake on a serving platter, spread frosting over the rounded cake.
- Sprinkle heavily with coconut.