Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a wonderful fudge recipe!
Top Review by Boyz 5
It is with my apologies that I cannot give this recipe a higher rating,but I did not have much luck with this one.I followed the recipe exactly and even used a candy thermometer.I was able to reach the 230 degrees mark within a reasonable amount of time;however, it was during the long wait for the last 8 degrees that I think the damage was done and the mixture burned even though I was stirring it continuously.The mixture took on a light brown colour during this time and after having let it sit the required 10 minutes,I added the vanilla chips...it started to harden right away and I had to "knead" in the pecans and coconut.While it tastes okay the apppearance is a sort of mottled brown colour and the texture seems rather grainy.I may try this recipe again and allow it to cook until the 230 degrees mark.Sorry,Kitten!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped (or can use 8 ounces white chocolate baking chips)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (white vanilla preferably)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sugar, cream and butter into a heavy 3-quart saucepan; cook over medium heat to 238 degrees F stirring occasionally; remove from heat, allow mixture to stand (WITHOUT STIRRING) for 10 minutes.
- Add in chopped white chocolate, mix until completely melted.
- Quickly stir in coconut, pecans and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 8-inch square pan.
- Cool, then cut into squares.