Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty dairy-free coconut oat cookie bars
- 9 1⁄2 ounces plain flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 3⁄4 ounces desiccated coconut
- 2 ounces rolled oats
- 4 ounces coarsly chopped pecans
- 4 fluid ounces safflower oil
- 6 fluid ounces honey or 6 fluid ounces maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- pre-heat oven to 175c. grearse & line a 9 x 13 inch tin.
- sift the flour, bicarb and spices together in a bowl & stir in the coconut, oats and pecans.
- beat the oil and maple syrup together. add the eggs and vanilla essence.
- stir the dry ingredients into the oil & egg mixture.
- spread the mixture into the tin.
- bake for 12 to 15 minutes. cut into wedges and transfer onto a wire rack to cool.
- store in an airtight container for 4 to 5 days.