Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love coconut! I LOVE this!
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 banana
- 2 teaspoons organic sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure soy protein powder
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted macadamia nuts
- 3 tablespoons dried shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons soy yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed flax seed oil
- quarter teaspoon vanilla essence
- Mix coconut milk and sugar and freeze.
- Blend all ingredients including frozen coconut milk and sugar mixture.
- Serve on a hot day in long glasses with a few blocks of ice.
I was intrigued with this recipe but also intimidated by it, since some of the ingredients were a one time thing for me! Still, I managed, & it was interesting putting it all together! I used a frozen banana as well & left out any additional ice! I enjoyed the combo of coconut, nuts & seeds along with the other fruit flavors, but it's not something I'd want to make again! That said, I passed on portions of the ingredients & the recipe to my DIL, & she was very pleased with it! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]