Recipe by Chef Mommie
This is low carb with added protein.
Top Review by trumbelinasews
I've made one similar to this but for one serving:
1/2 can coconut milk (can use light, but it's better with full fat),
2 to 3 Tbsp carob powder (cocoa if you can have it),
5 drops liquid stevia,
pinch of salt,
1/2 cup water,
6 ice cubes.
Add a 1/6 of a banana if you want it to taste like a Chocolate Monkey.
You can also add a hand full of spinach (can't taste it),
protein powder (I use goat milk protein powder as well)%u2013it does taste a bit chalky, but that's the nature of protein powders,
or a scoop of Vega (http://shopca.myvega.com/vega/Vega-Nutritional-Products/vega-energizing-smoothie-natural-pouch).
MCT oil would be good to add too.
It's like a chocolate milkshake but no sugar, not a tonne of calories and full of healthy fats.
BTW, fat doesn't make you fat, sugar and carbs make you fat (the reason why diets like Atkins work).
- 16 ounces coconut milk (or two portions homemade see my recipe)
- 1 -2 tablespoon protein powder (from goat's milk preferably)
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon flax seed (ground)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon stevia powder (or your preferred sweetener)
- 10 -12 ice cubes