Yummy slice. I always eat some while it's still warm. This is a favourite at my place and I want some right now!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 80 g unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- 2Cream the butter and sugar together and then add the egg yolk, rind, flour and cornflour.
- 3Knead mixture until it all comes together.
- 4Press into a greased slice tin (16cm x 26cm) and bake for 20 minutes.
- 5Take it out and increase oven temp to 210 degrees C.
- 6Beat all four egg whites until stiff.
- 7Gradually beat in the sugar and fold in the egg yolks and coconut.
- 8Spread the base with jam and top with coconut topping mixture.
- 9Bake for 15 minutes more.
- 10Cut into squares or bars to serve.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Slice
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.6
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 44.8 mg
- Sodium 33.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g