Recipe by Jen T
This can also be made as a chocolate coconut slice. One for the lunchbox or with a nice cup of tea or coffee. Ice/frost with your favourite lemon icing for plain version or chocolate icing/frosting for the chocolate variation.
Top Review by Diceydi
A nice moist slice, easy to make and I used the frozen chocolate icing I had left over from birthday cakes (reheated in the microwave), which made the whole thing even easier. I think some walnuts in the mix would work well too.
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup coconut
- 4 ounces butter (125g butter, melted)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cocoa (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together the self raising flour and salt (and cocoa if using) into a bowl.
- Add the sugar, coconut, and melted butter.
- Mix well.
- Stir in the beaten eggs and milk (and vanilla if using).
- Spread mixture into a slice tin and bake in a moderate oven 350'F/180'C for 25-30 minutes.
- When cold ice/frost with either lemon or chocolate icing/frosting.
- Sprinkle some extra coconut over top of icing/frosting if liked.
- Cut into bars or squares.