These are soooo good! Found this on the Smuckers web site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails left intact
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 large egg whites
- vegetable oil, for frying
SPICY APRICOT DIPPING SAUCE
- 1Butterfly each shrimp by cutting slightly more than halfway through using a small sharp knife, starting at top of the inward curve just below tail toward outward curve (do not cut shrimp in half).
- 2Press each shrimp open and press slightly to flatten.
- 3Combine cornstarch, salt and cayenne pepper.
- 4Place coconut in a shallow dish.
- 5Beat egg whites until frothy.
- 6Roll shrimp in cornstarch mixture; shake off excess.
- 7Dip shrimp into egg whites, then press into coconut; coating both sides.
- 8Pour all-vegetable oil into a heavy large pot to a depth of 3 inches; heat oil to 350°F
- 9Working in batches, add shrimp to hot oil; cook about 1 minute, or until cooked through.
- 10Carefully transfer shrimp to paper towels to drain.
- 11SPICY APRICOT DIPPING SAUCE:.
- 12Combine all ingredients; stir until well blended.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Shrimp With Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1596 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.7
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 43.1 mg
- Sodium 168.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 6.5 g