1/2 Photos of Coconut Shrimp With Red Curry Sauce
This recipe created by Tyler Florence is one that I will be making soon! I saw it made on tv last night for a couple's wedding, and the shrimp looked incredible! Everybody at the wedding raved about them, so I am posting it to share with you all.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- peanut oil or vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 large egg whites
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 lbs large shrimp, peeled with tails on
- red curry paste, recipe below
- 1 green onion, white and green part, chopped
- fresh mint leaves, hand-torn
Red Curry Sauce
- 2Heat 3" of oil in a large deep skillet or heavy pot to 325°F.
- 3In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch, egg whites, salt and pepper until foamy. Spread the coconut out in a pie dish.
- 4Dredge the shrimp with the cornstarch/egg white mixture; shake off any excess.
- 5Press the shrimp into the coconut flakes, then turn shrimp over and press into coconut again to coat both sides.
- 6Deep-fry the shrimp in batches until the coconut is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- 7Using tongs or a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp to paper towels to drain.
- 8Arrange the shrimp on a platter, serve immediately with Red Curry Sauce, and garnish with green onion and mint.
- 9Red Curry Sauce:.
- 10Place a small pot over medium heat and coat with the oil.
- 11Stir the red curry paste into the pan, and fry until aromatic.
- 12Slowly pour in the coconut milk, and continue to stir to incorporate.
- 13Add the lime juice (and 1 of the squeezed out halves for added flavor) and cook for 5-10 minutes to thicken.
- 14Pour the sauce into a nice serving bowl and serve with the coconut shrimp.
- 15Makes 1 cup.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Shrimp With Red Curry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 533.5
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 214.8 mg
- Sodium 1136.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 28.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste