Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Don't remember where I found this, but it looks yummy.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 ounces pea pods
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup cream of coconut
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot chili oil
- In a wok or large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil until hot.
- Add shrimp and stir-fry over high heat until pink and cooked through. Remove to a plate.
- Add remaining oil to wok. When hot, add scallions, mushrooms, pea pods and garlic.
- Stir-fry until mushrooms are tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in cream of coconut, water mixed with cornstarch, sherry, lemon juice, basil, mint and chili oil.
- Heat to boiling, stirring and cook until sauce thickens, about 1 minute.
- Return shrimp to wok and heat through.