Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄4 lbs shrimp, unpeeled (large)
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄4 cups beer
- 2 cups coconut, shredded
- vegetable oil
Orange Mustard Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade, plus
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice, plus
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Peel and devein the shrimp leaving the tails intact. Combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika in a medium bowl, stirring well.
- Make a well in center of the flour mixture. Gradually add beer stirring until batter is smooth.
- Dip shrimp in batter then dredge in the coconut. Fry shrimp in hot oil until lightly browned.
- Drain in paper towels.
- Orange Mustard Sauce: Combine marmalade, juice and mustard in a small bowl, stirring well. Makes 1 cup.
We loved this, and consequently overindulged, but it was worth it because it was excellent! I used unsweetened coconut in mine, so they wouldn't be too sweet.
Easy and delicious!!! As good as any quality restaurant. Definite 5 star recipe. Thanks for posting!!! Alan