1/1 Photo of Coconut Shrimp With Guava Sweet and Sour Sauce
Taken from hawaiinewsnow.com. From Sam Choy - these sound tasty! Posted for ZWT.
My Private Note
jumbo s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oil to 350 degrees in medium frying pan.
- 2In a medium, mixing bowl, combine coconut and panko.
- 3Dredge shrimp in flour, then in the egg mixture, then in the panko and coconut mix, pressing down firmly to ensure proper breading.
- 4Fry shrimp until golden brown being sure not to burn. (The coconut contains a high sugar content, which may burn quickly.)
- 5In a separate saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar, and pineapple juice. Bring to a boil and allow sugar to incorporate into the sauce.
- 6Add guava concentrate and allow to boil.
- 7Mix the cornstarch and water to make a slurry. (You may use cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce to the correct consistency. The sauce should be able to coat a spoon.)
- 8You may use the sauce as a dip or simply pour the sauce over the shrimp when ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Shrimp With Guava Sweet and Sour Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (928 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4027.6
- Calories from Fat 3165
- Total Fat 351.7 g
- Saturated Fat 56.9 g
- Cholesterol 490.6 mg
- Sodium 1578.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 179.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 80.0 g
- Protein 48.7 g