Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my attempt to recreate a wonderful shrimp appetizer from a Bistro in St. Charles, MO called The Grappa Grille. The shrimp are yummy, but the sauce is yummier!
- Prepare the sauce: Whisk all the sauce ingredients together and chill for an hour.
- Prepare the shrimp, leaving the tails on.
- Mix the water with the eggs.
- Cover shrimp with flour, dip in the eggs, then dip in the coconut to cover.
- Fry the shrimp (a few at a time) in the cooking oil over medium heat until slightly brown and toasted.
- Serve with the dipping sauce.