Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A sweet & spicy shrimp dish with coconut milk.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 lb yam, peeled and cut into thin 1/2 inch slices
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1⁄2 cups ripe plantains, peeled and sliced
- In a medium saucepan, combine chicken broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Add yams; cover and boil 5 minutes or until yams are slightly tender.
- Add coconut milk, shrimp and plantain. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice, if desired.