Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe while traveling in Aruba.
Make and share this Coconut Shrimp (Camarones Di Coco) recipe from Food.com.
- Combine egg and coconut milk in a large bowl.
- Add shrimp and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Blend all spices, flour, baking powder, and coconut by pulsing them a few times in the food processor.
- Dredge the shrimp in the coconut batter.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry shrimp until they are golden brown on both sides.
I didn't really care for this recipe. The batter was hard to work with. It fell of and/or burned before the shrimps cooked. I then tried to butterfly the shrimps, but it still didn't help. At the end of the day, the final product was bland an did not look appealing. I sprinkled a little salt and squirted it with lime juice and I almost liked it. Made for PAC Spring 2012.