Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on the net.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornstarch, divided
- 2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup Coco Lopez (cream of coconut)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 lb of raw shellled deveined and butterflied shrimp
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup Coco Lopez
- *Caution when making this recipe make sure that the oil is not too hot, for the shrimp will burn on the outside and be raw inside.
- In a large plate, place 1 cup corn starch and set aside.
- In a bowl combine 1 cup pina colada mix and powdered sugar and stir until well combined.
- In another large plate, combine bread crumbs, 1/2 cup cornstarch and coconut whisk around to blend together.
- Dip and coat each shrimp in the cornstarch. Then dip and coat each shrimp in the pina colada mix, then dip and coat it in the bread crumb mixture. Repeat it one more time, by dipping them in the pina colada mix and then the bread crumb mix.
- Bring oil to a boil and temperature of 375 degrees. Then place each shrimp in and let boil until golden brown.
- Do not overcrowd pan to avoid a drop in temperature.
- Place on colander to drain.
- Assemble dipping sauce in a small bowl by combining sour cream, coco lopez and pineapple and mix well.Serve and Enjoy!