Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the April 2006 issue of Real Simple magazine.
Make and share this Coconut, Shrimp, and Corn Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 16 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 13 1⁄2 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, potatoes, and corn. Stir to coat.
- Add the coconut milk, broth, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and simmer until pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes.