Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the April 2006 issue of Real Simple magazine.
Make and share this Coconut, Shrimp, and Corn Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 16 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 13 1⁄2 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, potatoes, and corn. Stir to coat.
- Add the coconut milk, broth, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and simmer until pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes.