From the April 2006 issue of Real Simple magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 16 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 13 1/2 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- 3Add the garlic, potatoes, and corn. Stir to coat.
- 4Add the coconut milk, broth, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper.
- 5Bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- 7Add the shrimp and simmer until pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut, Shrimp, and Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (593 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.0
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 86.4 mg
- Sodium 1145.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 23.0 g