Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great appetizer and kids really like it, too!
Make and share this Coconut Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and devein the shrimp; dry on paper towels.
- Mix the flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add oil and the ice water to the dry ingredients; stir to blend.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees in an electric skillet.
- Dip the shrimp in the batter, then roll each shrimp in the coconut.
- Fry shrimp for about 4 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Do not overcook!
- Place the shrimp in a shallow baking dish and bake at 300 degrees for 5-7 minutes to complete cooking.
- Combine the marmalade, Dijon mustard, honey and Tabasco to make the sauce and serve with the shrimp.
LOVED the dipping sauce. The shrimp were just OK on their own, but the sauce COMPLETED them & made them MUCH BETTER.
These were better than restaurant quality! I added a little touch of Panko the coconut (just for extra crunch). I added a little garlic powder and a tiny bit of cayenne to the batter. This is a keeper in our book. Thanks for a great recipe.
Wow! My wife always orders Coconut Shrimp when we go out, so when I saw this recipe I wanted to try it. It took a little longer than 40 minutes to fix, but it was fantastic. The dipping sauce was fantastic for me and the first half with no Tobasco was rated superb by my wife. I split a two pound package of 21-25 sized shrimp and we are already looking forward to the repeat feast. While the shrimp was cooking in the oven, we cooked a potato sliced into fries at 400 degrees. Again Wow!