This is a great appetizer and kids really like it, too!
Make and share this Coconut Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and devein the shrimp; dry on paper towels.
- Mix the flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add oil and the ice water to the dry ingredients; stir to blend.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees in an electric skillet.
- Dip the shrimp in the batter, then roll each shrimp in the coconut.
- Fry shrimp for about 4 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Do not overcook!
- Place the shrimp in a shallow baking dish and bake at 300 degrees for 5-7 minutes to complete cooking.
- Combine the marmalade, Dijon mustard, honey and Tabasco to make the sauce and serve with the shrimp.