Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch (mix with coconut and bread crumbs)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup pina colada nonalcoholic drink mix
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons spiced rum, Captain Morgan
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 lb large shrimp (butterfly the shrimp)
- Mix bread crumbs, cornstarch, and coconut in a deep bowl and set aside.
- Combine Pina Colada mix, powdered sugar and spiced rum in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place 1/2 cup corn starch in a separate bowl.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Oil is ready for frying shrimp with it reaches 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat shrimp first in corn starch, then into the Pina Colada mix, then dust shrimp in bread crumbs/coconut mixture.
- Second coating place back into Pina Colada mix, then again into coconut, and then the bread crumb mixture.
- Place prepared shrimp carefully into hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown; remove from fryer and drain.