- 1 lb unpeeled large raw shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup cream of coconut
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the shrimp, leaving tails intact; devein.
- In a mixing bowl; mix together the cream of coconut and next 4 ingredients until smooth.
- Coat shrimp with 1 cup cornstarch; dip in cream of coconut mixture; drain on a wire rack.
- Dredge shrimp in coconut; dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Place on a baking sheet; cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Add oil to a depth of 2 inches in a dutch oven; heat to 375 degrees.
- Fry shrimp, in batches, until golden.