Top Review by mle234
This is great! I increased the measurements for 20 shrimp, used dried unsweetend coconut flakes, 2T sugar, and 2 XL eggs (I didn't have large). I also pounded the shrimp a little after splitting them (I thought it was part of the recipe but it must've been a step in another coconut shrimp recipe I had looked up - but no harm there). I think next time I'll add another 1T (or so) sugar, but the recipe is fabulous as it is.
- 5 large shrimp
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 egg
- 3 tablespoons beer
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup frying oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove skin from shrimp, leave tails attached.
- Butterfly shrimp 1/2 way, dust with flour.
- Mix flour, egg, beer, salt, pepper and sugar creating a batter.
- Dip shrimp into batter without dipping the tails, then dip into coconut.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes minimum.
- Heat oil to 325 degrees F.
- Deep fry shrimp.