1/1 Photo of Coconut Shortcakes
The coconut provides a new twist on traditional shortcakes. Serve with ice cream (vanilla or coconut) and your favorite fruit (strawberries, blueberries, or spiced peaches).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F
- 2Butter and flour 9-inch-diameter cake pan with 2-inch-high sides.
- 3Finely grind first 4 ingredients in processor.
- 4Using electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in large bowl to blend. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Beat in extract.
- 5Stir in dry ingredients alternately with cream.
- 6Spoon batter into pan. Bake until tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- 7Cool cake in pan on rack 10 minutes. Run small sharp knife around pan sides to loosen cake. Turn out onto rack; cool completely.
- 8Cut cake into 6 wedges. Serve with your favorite fruit, ice cream and/or whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Shortcakes
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.5
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 118.0 mg
- Sodium 291.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 40.2 g
- Protein 6.2 g