I got this recipe from my sister-in-law. I usually make these around Christmas, but sometimes, when that unique coconut flavor comes craving, I indulge and make these buttery bars. My sister-in-law uses untoasted coconut, but my family prefers it toasted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with foil or parchment paper extending over the pan's edges to form handles; grease foil.
- 2Cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- 3Add the vanilla; blend well.
- 4Gradually blend in the flour on low speed until combined.
- 5Stir in the coconut by hand.
- 6Press the dough evenly into the prepared pan with your fingertips.
- 7Pierce the dough with a fork at 1-inch intervals all the way through to the bottom of the pan.
- 8Bake in a preheated 325°F oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 9Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- 10Run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen shortbread from the sides.
- 11Lift the "cookie" from the pan using the excess foil for handles.
- 12Cut the warm shortbread into shapes using your favorite cookie cutters.
- 13Cool completely.
- 14Dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with melted chocolate.
- 15Store cookies airtight.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.4
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 36.6 mg
- Sodium 163.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 20.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g