Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. I made this soup last night as it was cold outside and I was limited on what I had in the house to make for dinner. It was so delicious, if nothing else, I have to share this recipe with all. Try it, it's fantastic, simple and DELICIOUS!
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 lb shrimp (shells removed and deveined. Chop shrimp into bite sized- pieces)
- 13 1⁄2 fluid ounces coconut milk
- 4 cups fish stock or 4 cups chicken stock
- On stove, turn heat to med-high.
- Sauté diced potatoes with chopped celery in a large sauce or stock pot. Adding a small amount of salt/pepper to the mix will help the celery release its moisture and you’re not looking for color here, only tender veggies.
- When potatoes are tender and celery is softened add the chopped shrimp and sauté until opaque.
- Do not overcook.
- Its okay to add a few tablespoons of water to help the mixture release from the pot. Also turning the heat down is helpful.
- Add the coconut milk and 4 cups fish or chicken stock.
- I prefer the fish stock but you can also add the shells of the shrimp to the chicken stock (heating on the stove until shells are pink) and strain before mixing into the soup. The shells are full of flavor and will taste just as good if unable to use fish stock.
- Stir soup occasionally and bring to a simmer. DO NOT BOIL or the milk may separate.
- Serve with a crisp salad and toasted garlic croutons.