1/1 Photo of Coconut Shimp Bisque Soup #5FIX
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. I made this soup last night as it was cold outside and I was limited on what I had in the house to make for dinner. It was so delicious, if nothing else, I have to share this recipe with all. Try it, it's fantastic, simple and DELICIOUS!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1On stove, turn heat to med-high.
- 2Sauté diced potatoes with chopped celery in a large sauce or stock pot. Adding a small amount of salt/pepper to the mix will help the celery release its moisture and you’re not looking for color here, only tender veggies.
- 3When potatoes are tender and celery is softened add the chopped shrimp and sauté until opaque.
- 4Do not overcook.
- 5Its okay to add a few tablespoons of water to help the mixture release from the pot. Also turning the heat down is helpful.
- 6Add the coconut milk and 4 cups fish or chicken stock.
- 7I prefer the fish stock but you can also add the shells of the shrimp to the chicken stock (heating on the stove until shells are pink) and strain before mixing into the soup. The shells are full of flavor and will taste just as good if unable to use fish stock.
- 8Stir soup occasionally and bring to a simmer. DO NOT BOIL or the milk may separate.
- 9Serve with a crisp salad and toasted garlic croutons.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Shimp Bisque Soup #5FIX
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.5
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 145.2 mg
- Sodium 1058.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 23.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion