Recipe by cindypt
This is my modification to Golden Coconut Rum Conserve (#35886). I used craisins to give it a little different flavor. [Addendum - I agree with the review below. I posted this BEFORE I had actually made it, when I was gathering recipes & ingredients. Since it
Top Review by Saeriu
I made this almost as is-I omitted the dried cranberries and used about a 1/2 teaspoon of rum extract. This turn out okay but it didn't keep very long on the shelves and didn't make it to Christmas for gifts. This might have lasted longer if kept refrigerated. Or perhaps, there's a freezer method of preparing it? Anyways, the taste was very good on English muffins and toast. It would also taste good on ham.
- 14 ounces sweetened coconut
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons dried orange zest
- 5 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1⁄4 cup rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer the coconut, water& zest, covered for 30 minutes.
- Add the sugar& 3 T juice.
- Cook on low, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Stir during the last 15 minutes.
- Gradually add in boiling water, 3 T juice,& rum.
- Simmer for 1 minute.
- Stir in craisins.
- Pack into 1/2 pint jars.