Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
These aren't cooked, so the rum gives them just a bit of a kick!
- 4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 1⁄3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup rum (or 1/2 cup water plus 1 t. rum extract)
- powdered sugar
- Combine crumbs, coconut and nuts in a bowl.
- Stir in condensed milk and rum and mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and roll in powdered sugar.
- Cover tightly and store in refrigerator at least 24 hours, or up to several weeks.
- Roll in powdered sugar again just before serving.
Well I've just finished making these lovely treats. My hands were rather sticky tough, but nothing that a little water and soap could'nt get off. LOL.LOL.. I'm taking them to a party tomorrrow, I gave one a try and it was devine!!!!!!!!!! I'm positive it will be a HIT!!!!!!!!! Thanks MaryMc for posting.
I made these for christmas, without the rum, and everyone still loved them, they were a little sticky, but really sweet. The guys ate them up.
These are wonderful. I used half Bacardi light rum and half Captain Morgan's spiced rum. When I first mixed them up I thought they tasted terrible! All I could taste was the rum. But after one week, they were so much better, and they keep improving. My one complaint is that the dough is so soft. In storage, the balls on the bottom of the container have completely flattened out (I've been calling them "Rum Blobs" - not pretty!). Next time I will refrigerate this before forming it into balls, like making truffles. Everyone loved the taste, though! Thank you