Recipe by Scrivener1
These are quite addicting. The flavor improves after 24 hours. You can store them for about 2 weeks. I made these for Christmas 2005, and they were very popular. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com.
Top Review by stormylee
These rum balls were not only an addiction for me this holiday season - they were an obsession. So delicious! I stored them in a cool place for little over a week before eating and the rum flavour had mellowed beautifully. I would use a little less rum the next time though (maybe 100 ml rather than 120 ml?): these were just a touch too soft even after refrigeration. Could be a function of my vanilla wafers or other dry ingredients too, and anyway, it's a tiny detail in a wonderful recipe! Thank you for sharing!
- 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers, crushed very fine
- 1 1⁄3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum
- 1 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, toss together the crushed vanilla wafers, coconut and walnuts.
- Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and rum; mix well.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll the balls in the remaining coconut.
- Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator.