Geniale Genie's Note:
Beautiful, delicious, and refreshing. Vegan and allergy-friendly. The quantities for the syrup make enough for two jelly recipes. Rose syrup keeps well in an airtight container in the fridge - can also be used for other recipes. I make these in rose-shaped silicone moulds, but it would also look beautiful served in clear individual cups, flutes, or tall glasses.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup rose water
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract (optional)
- 1TO MAKE SYRUP:.
- 2In a saucepan, combine water and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- 3Add lemon juice, rose water, and strawberry extract. Bring back to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer another 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 4TO MAKE JELLY:.
- 5Rinse moulds under cold water, do not dry.
- 6Mix water and agar-agar. Bring to a boil and simmer until dissolved.
- 7Add coconut cream and rose syrup.
- 8Pour mix into the moulds and allow to cool to room temperature before refrigerating. Wait until completely set before removing from moulds.
- 9Top with a little bit of rose syrup; garnish each plate/cup with a fresh strawberry and mint leaf.
- 11The jelly is a nice light pink colour, for a more intense pink, feel free to add some food colouring.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut-Rose Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.3
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 74.4 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: