Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Originally publised in Company's Coming Weekend Cooking
- 1 cup rice (white and uncooked)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut (flaked and toasted)
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin orange segments (drained)
- 3 tablespoons mint leaves (fresh)
- 1 cup pineapple (finely chopped and drained)
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts (salted and coursely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook rice.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine the next 6 ingredients to make the coconut lime dressing in a jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Shake the dressing ingredients well and drizzle over the rice mixture, then toss.
Uncooked rice? I don't think so. I cooked the rice. 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice, makes 3 cups cooked. I dbld everything w/the exception of the coconut milk, of which, I used a light coconut milk. I also omitted the cooking oil. I just didn't make sense to me and only added unncessary fat. In all fairness, I made this recipe a cpl of times to cm up w/wht I did. Initially, I did follow the org recipe, w/the exception of the uncooked rice. It jst didn't jive. Once, I made the changes, it was fabulous; 5 STARS! The org version...nt so much. This is why, one shld try out a recipe B4 posting. Trial and error.