Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Great slow-cooker comfort food!
- 2 1⁄2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can light coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup dried apricots (optional) or 1 cup dried mango, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup pistachios, chopped (optional)
- Whisk together milk, coconut milk, and sugar in 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Stir in the rice and cinnamon stick.
- Cook on HIGH, covered, for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until the mixture is thick and the rice is tender.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and mix in dried fruit and pistachios. Serve warm, reheat, or enjoy cold!