1/1 Photo of Coconut Rice Pudding
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 5 mins
This creamy pudding is finished off-creme brulee style-under the broiler. This is not a fast dish but it is so worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil; add stick cinnamon and lime peel.
- 2Reduce heat, simmer covered, for 5 minute.
- 3Add rice; return to boiling.
- 4Simmer, covered, for 20 min., or until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- 5Stir in the milk, sugar and salt. Simmer over medium to low heat, stirring frequently, for 40 minute or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 6Remove from heat. Discard cinnamon and lime peel.
- 7Preheat broiler.
- 8In a medium bowl, combine egg yolks and vanilla.
- 9Spoon a few tablespoonsof the hot rice mixture into egg yolk mixture.
- 10Stir egg yolk mixture and 1 1/4 cups shredded coconut back into rice mixture.
- 11Transfer rice mixture to a 2-quart square baking dish. Top with remaining 1/2 cup coconut and the butter pieces; sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
- 12Broil for 3-4 minute or until coconut is golden brown.
- 13Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.5
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 115.3 mg
- Sodium 194.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 26.3 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: