Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great way to use up leftover rice from the Chinese restaurant.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- Separate yolks from whites of eggs. Put yolks in small bowl.
- Mix egg whites, sugars, milk, vanilla, rice, coconut together.
- Mix in egg yolks.
- Pour in ceramic casserole dish.
- Top with cinnamon.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 1 hour, until most liquid is absorbed.
- Allow to stand 5 minutes before serving hot, or cool and refrigerate to serve cold.