1/2 Photos of Coconut Rice (Nigerian Style)
I love this dish....it was always something that we ate back home (Nigeria). I made the recipe to be very spicy but feel free to use half of the pepper or no pepper at all if you are not used to spicy foods
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the rice in water for about 10-15 minutes (enough were it's not too soft -- because we will be cooking it some more).
- 2Heat the vegetable oil in a cooking pot.
- 3Add the onions and stir with black pepper for one minute.
- 4Add diced tomatoes, habaneros, and coconut milk with the sea salt and cover to cook for about 7 minutes (or when the mixture comes to a boil).
- 5Add the rice and stir and cover for about 7 minutes (or when the rice is almost dry).
- 6Add the green peppers and let simmer until the rice has absorbed all the juices.
- 8*note feel free to add more salt and pepper to your taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Rice (Nigerian Style)
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 759.3
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 637.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 66.1 g
- Protein 7.5 g